Princess (Mrs.) Elemanya Ebilah
Princess (Mrs.) Elemanya Ebilah was born into the family of Late Ezeogo (Elder) Okoro Onuma the Eze Edda 22nd and Late (Elder) Ugoeze Grace Okoro Onuma (Nee Nkuma-Oji) in Nguzu-Edda, Afikpo South LGA in Ebonyi State in November, 1948. She went to Government Primary Schools in Bonny and Ajalli, attended Secondary School at the Anglican Girls Grammar School in Enugu and studied Accounting at the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus where she graduated with 2nd Class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) in 1978. Thereafter she studied for her Masters in Business Administration (MBA) at the same University in 2000.
She started her career as a Youth Corp Member under the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) IN THE Accounts Department of Cadbury Nigeria Plc in 1978/79 and in February 1980 she was employed as an Accountant 2 in the Nigerian Airports Authority (NAA) now Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) from where her services were transferred as Assistant General Manager (AGM) to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) in January 2000 as pioneer staff of the newly established Parastatal of the Aviation Ministry. She set up the accounting system ensured compliance in all areas of financial deliverables to the satisfaction of over sighting Institutions. .
She progressed from Grade Level 8, as Accountant II (FAAN), to Consolidated Grade Level as Director of Finance and Accounts, a position she retired from in 2008. Thereafter she was re-appointed for a two-year contract in February 2009 as the Director of Finance and Administration in the same organization and formally retired in February 2011 (NCAA).
Since that time till now she has engaged in manpower development and training programme for both public and private sectors.
Since retirement, she has been consulting in areas of Manpower Development, Training/Capacity Building and Management Consultancy under her registered outfit: INTERNATIONAL GAZEILLE LIMITED (IGL). IGL is accredited by Centre for Management Development (CMD).
She attended many managerial seminars and professional trainings, workshops and conferences both locally and overseas and is well exposed.
During her working years, Mrs. Ebilah attained professionalism in the memberships of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) and Chattered Institute of Taxation, Nigeria (CITN), and has attained the status of Fellow in both professional bodies. She is on the Council of CITN for eight (8) years running. She has also attained the status of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) of the Association of Certifies Fraud Examiners (ACFE), an International Organisation of Fraud Fighters based in Texas, in the United States of America. She is a fellow of the African Business School (ABS) and a member of the Nigerian Institute of Management, Chattered (MNIMC).
In all her 32 years in the Aviation industry, she showed high sense of responsibility, integrity, honesty and capability. She ensured that her Agency complied with all Fiscal Responsibility requirements as laid down by Statute. While in service, she promoted good governance and maintained Industrial balance between Labour Unions and the Management. She served as Alternate Member of the Governing Board of Internal Financial Facilitation for Aviation Safety (IFFAS), a body within the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), charged with providing Financial Aids on Aviation Projects to less privileged Countries in the World.
Some of the assignments and ad-hoc duties performed include but not limited to the following:
- Chairman of the Pension, Board of Trustees (BOT) in NCAA;
- Chairman, Committee on condition of service and Scheme of Service in NCAA;
- Member, Project Committee, NCAA;
- Chairman, Ikeja Branch of ANAN;
- Council member on the Council of CITN;
- Chairman, Social and Members Welfare Committees (S & MWC) of CITN;
- Member, Finance and General Purpose Committee (F & GPC) of CITN
- Chairman, Administration Sub Committee of (F & GPC) of CITN;
- Chairman (Ex) of Project Committee of CITN;
- Chairman (Ex) of Association of Indirect Tax Committee of CITN;
- One time representative of CITN on the Membership Committee of the Association of Professional Bodies of Nigeria (APBN);
- One time member of Membership Committee of the West African Union of Taxation, International (WAUTI);
- Chairman, 2015 Annual Tax Conference Committee of CITN.
- Chairman, Committee assigned by ANAN Council to organise the Professional Women Accountants in ANAN (PROWAN)
- Member, Governing Board of Radiographers Regulating Board of Nigeria (RRBN)
- Team player and good manager of men and material.
Apart from the above, and especially after her retirement, she has served in ad-hoc assignments to the upliftment of the professional bodies she belongs to.
Princess (Mrs.) Elemanya Ebilah is presently engaged in Training, Human Capital Development, Consultancy in Finance and Management Services and General Procurement which she promotes through her registered companies: International Gazeille Limited and Elemanya & Co.
She is matured, retired but not tired and aspires to serve in any manner that will promote accountability and ensure good governance.
She is married and blessed with three children.